View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 01:22 PM

sandbuster is on a distinguished road

sandbuster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautyBruiser19 View Post
I went the path of building my own Bussman IPDM mounted on a Powertray bracket. I moved the USB/AUX. port in the center stack to the glove box, and that gave me 6 OEM switch blank spots. I use AOB switches since they have the same light blue LEDs as Toyota, and they are high quality. 2 of the positions are used for a dual voltage meter and a RJ45 passthrough, so I plan on machining an insert for the useless cubby to add 2 more positions. S-tech has a 3-D insert they offer for that spot, but it's ridiculously expensive.

Picture of the Bussman on the Powertray bracket:
Nice clean work! I like to see folks be a little more creative in their add-ons as opposed to just slapping on store bought items - which I readily acknowledge we all do but it's nice to see folks go out of the box occasionally.

Being an older guy (and having the extra time) I try to make my add-ons reflect a little of me - an example of that is I used several of the available blank switch spots on the dash to put in OEM look-alike switches but on my last DIY project I went back to the old school way by building my own simple switch panel with a couple of voltmeters to monitor main & aux batteries. I'm new to this forum so not sure if my picture/video efforts will turn out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZjfeeHldkc

Okay, so I think the video plays okay but suspect there is a better way to do this?

Last edited by sandbuster; 05-24-2022 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Addendum
sandbuster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote