Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 03:20 PM

4runnerGang! is on a distinguished road

4runnerGang! is on a distinguished road
What's Good Guys!

Just saw this thread, so this is where u get your 15 post pass lol. Well hey dudes my name is Rudy, I owned a 99 2wd for about a year and got hit with the mod bug but didn’t want to do much to it since it wasn’t a 4wd. I’ve been wanting a green 3rd gen 4wd with elocker and I finally was able to get a deal on a 1999 (which I heard is the best year) 4Runner Limited 4WD w/out the locker but plan on changing that in the future. I found it on OfferUp a man was selling it in Chino, CA so I bought it back in April, it’s really well kept, and runs great nothing major is wrong with it other than the hood beginning to show sun damage and I heard the color has to do with it the Imperial Jade Mica (Green) I guess it’s notorious for the clear coat to start peeling it’s okay tho since green is my favorite color and go as far as to say its the best color the 3rd gen 4runner come in lol sorry but not sorry if I rub someone the wrong way lol. Everything works in it besides the climate control tends to not want to shut off when I push off, I have to press it hard and a few times for it to shut off and also a very slight humming noise that's in the rear. My buddy who’s a mechanic says it could be the rear diff gears, maybe it just needs servicing he said. I’m pretty sure it has the beloved 99 tall springs from looking at the color marks on them. So I’m pretty sure I got a good deal since these have skyrocketed in price! One thing that made me go for it as well is that it’s pretty much stock and I can make it the way I want, the previous owner only did one modification that I’ve noticed which was removing the running boards which I like but it’s all original so I plan on surfing through the forum on tips and recommendations on mods. I’m going To service the rear diff and put some fresh gear oil in there, if that doesn't clear the noise well it's okay that will give me an excuse towards installing the elocker diff I want lol, now to look for a factory elocker might be a hassle but I’ve heard you can find that at junkyards here and there so I’m gonna hunt for it. I’m also hunting for the TRD “beadlocks” I really like the look of them but I heard those are rare AF since the dealer discontinued them, LAME, Well if anyone has any info on these parts I'm looking for I'd appreciate it! Glad to be part of the 3rd gen community and 4runners in general!!

Last edited by 4runnerGang!; 05-26-2022 at 11:02 PM.
4runnerGang! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote