View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 08:01 PM

CRasch505 is on a distinguished road

CRasch505 is on a distinguished road
So here's another little update from this dealership which, just so everyone knows, is now Sandia Toyota.

I purchased a black front and rear valance from American Toyota across town and it arrived Friday. Unfortunately they had no available service slots for a week but, as luck would have it, Sandia Toyota had one at 12pm that same day and quoted me $97 for each one. I scheduled it and dropped the car off at 1030 because I had meetings most of the day. At 1430 I arrived back at the dealership and was told that the car was not ready but that it should only be about 30-45 more minutes. I came back at 1530 and, without even looking up from his computer, the advisor says "I'm just guessing at the time man, I don't know when it's going to be done".

After some back and forth about why I was told differently when I dropped it off, I told him I was quoted $97 for each and he responded with "We charge $160 per hour and we've now had the car for 4 hours so it's going to be more than that". I told them to get my car immediately and that I would finish everything myself. They bring the car out with only one valance installed and the other in the back of the vehicle. They agree to honor the $97 and I leave. On the way home it dawns on me that the original front valance is not in the back of the car but all the trash from the packaging is. I placed a call to the dealership and they said I could pick it up Saturday.

I got there Saturday morning and stood in the service drive for roughly 30 minutes before anyone even acknowledged me. Got my valance and left with no plans to ever return. This dealership is a total nightmare and should be avoided at all costs.

Side note: My neighbor and I removed the rear bumper and installed the black valance ourselves in under 30 minutes. I should've done the front one myself as well.
CRasch505 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote