Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 04:54 PM

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all

rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all rageandlove is a name known to all
OK, here is my story of fuel pump recall leading to other stuff.

I had the recall fix done on my 2019 about a year ago. Last summer, I started to hear a metallic crunch from the rear suspension when (1) I had a load in the vehicle (dispersed camping or fishing trips) and (2) big bumps, like on logging roads etc.

A few trips to the dealer while it was under warrantee. They replaced a shock and some other odds and ends and it kept happening.

Took it back last week (off warantee) and forced them to drive around a pot-holed parking lot with 15 pounds of weights in the back and 3 service guys inside, and they finally heard the noise and said "ok, we will figure this out."

2 days later they call up and say that the position of the gas tank was shifted very slightly when the new pump was installed, and so the skid was contacting the tank which was what the crunch was ...

... so they added some spacers and problem solved.

So, if you hear noises from the rear post gas pump fix, check out the skid.
rageandlove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote