Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 08:13 PM

ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about

ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about ArthurKotb has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJ088 View Post
I read they were moving Tacoma assembly line for Tx to Mx to allow the Tx plant to mfg 4Runnrs?? That was a couple of yrs ago too?

P.S. I believe quite a few yrs back Volkswagen had Major issues with Quality/Reliability W/vehicles built in a Mx plant ??
I was working for Toyota when I ordered my 2004 T4R in 2003. At that time there were rumors that the 4Runner builds were moving to North America. So 20+ years later they're still in Japan. Toyota moves production of vehicles where it needs to be, where it's efficient to build them (and they have moved them back if so needed). Camrys were built in Japan, Kentucky and Indiana at the Subaru plant. Siennas were built in Kentucky, then moved to Indiana. (...and so on) Major components (engines, trannys, etc.) are made in the US, Japan, India and elsewhere. The quality of a Toyota is not a function of where it is built.

I retired from Toyota in 2016 and Tacomas were already being built in Mexico for about 7 or 8 years. They are selling Tacomas built in Mexico and Texas.

Every car manufactured anywhere in the world has issues. I don't know of a totally bullet proof car being manufactured anywhere. I have owned Plymouths, an Austin, a Rambler, a Dodge, Chevys, a GMC, a Volkswagen, Oldsmobiles and 5 Toyotas (2 of which I bought before working for Toyota and I still own 3).

I will always buy a Toyota. They have given me more pleasing, trouble free miles than any other manufacturer. Oh! What a feeling!
ArthurKotb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote