Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 01:28 PM

JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light

JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light JoeT4R is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by phattyduck View Post
I still don't see how a (theoretical) leak at the drain plug made it up to the lip of the oil pan...

Save that Fumoto valve until you know your leak is fixed.

-Charlie
It couldn’t, so I’m assuming that there are two different issues here. The first being the FIPG that’s protruding from the pan that seeps oil when I poke it, the other being whatever is coming out at and staying near and around the drain plug.

I returned the Fumoto valve this morning for a full refund. Not worth it to me and I have much better peace of mind with the OEM plug. I can say that I’ve tried one now and didn’t like it, which is okay. I’ll continue monitoring the new drain plug to see if anything else happens. I’m hopeful that this will resolve the issue with the drain plug. The fipg that seeps when I poke it isn’t leaking onto the oil pan itself, which is good. And who knows, maybe it’s just oil that has fallen onto it from when I’ve removed the oil filter in changes past. I cleaned everything up nicely yesterday so we’ll see what happens from here on out.
JoeT4R is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote