Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 06:43 PM

Boort will become famous soon enough Boort will become famous soon enough

Boort will become famous soon enough Boort will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking4455 View Post
Morning yall. I'm currently searching for a late production run 4th Gen as the 5th Gens are just too damn expensive and don't have the V8. My only real concern is like every other car I look at. Will I fit in it? lol

I'm 6'3" and plan to use the back as a bed on camping trips and such. Do i have anything to worry about?
You might try to find one w/o the sunroof. (They are nearly f'n unicorns though esp with the V8) As others have said the sunroof headliner takes up a lot of head room. I find it a bit low, though not a deal breaker, even at 6 foot. Take one out and make sure the seat and steering wheel can be adjusted to fit comfortable driving position for you.

LOL I'm only 6 foot but the first thing I did before buying my 4th gen was make sure I could sleep in the back. Sales guy looked at me like I was nuts.
At 6'3" you will want to either pull out the seat bottom or build a platform that goes over them.

Since I wanted to keep the ability to ride 4 adults and was building a drawer system anyways I went with the platform route. My Drawers go above the wheel wells by about 2" then I flip up the seat bottoms and the drop the seat back. I put my platform across the span resting on the seat bottom at the front and on brackets I built for my drawer system. I sleep comfortably and with a longer platform and moving the passenger seat fwd you could get even more headroom. With my setup you could have up to 6'8" from rear hatch to the back of the passenger seat with the seat moved fully fwd and tilted as far fwd as possible.

Good luck in your 4th gen search and as others have mentioned maybe a Lexus GX will work for the higher roof line.

Regards,
Boort

Last edited by Boort; 07-05-2022 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typo
Boort is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote