Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 07:08 AM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
First order is in. Sankei 555 makes really good OEM quality parts.

Upper and Lower ball joints
Inner tie rod ends
Pitman and Idler Arms

My next order will be from RockAuto and it will contain the outer tie rod ends as well as a variety of other miscellaneous components, such as brakes, wheel bearings, shocks, spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, and much more.

Lets see what we can do about this color. Test run!

The shitty chrome flares are coming off also, to be replaced with the OEM chrome trim from the white 95.

I am using a Makita electric DA with a 5" Meguiar's yellow pad. Doing a lighter cut with level 4 Meguiar's Ultra finishing polish.

Before and After

Left side mostly done

Hood halfway

Hood and cowl done

Right fender

It's already shaping up to be quite nice, there is still more polishing to do on the right side, rear, and top of the vehicle. I also have to remove the chrome trim and running boards to get the remaining hidden spots.

I plan to ditch the running boards entirely. I have already found a buyer for the Automatic transmission in the truck and I told him he could have the running boards for free when he buys the transmission.

And yes, we have every gen now

So to recap, more parts are on their way, more polishing to be done, a transmission swap, a wheel swap, and much more.

I happen to have a 95 front bumper and perhaps I can find another grille that is sealed beam compatible/better looking... not a fan of the 90-91 4Runner grille.

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote