Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 03:41 PM

JoshuaHufford is on a distinguished road

JoshuaHufford is on a distinguished road
200 4Runner V8 has codes P0011, P0016, P0018 and P0021.

I'm getting these 4 codes, noticed a lack of power as well.

I'm at 174k miles.

The Timing belt, water pump, and tensioner were replaced at 101,311 miles on 2-16-15.This repair was not done at a dealer and was done before I bought the vehicle so I don't know if they are aftermarket parts or not.

I read in another post that a thing to check is to remove the timing belt cover and look for a possible slipped or damaged belt.

How difficult is it to take the covers off? I'm pretty mechanical and can do minor repairs on my own but also my time is limited and don't want to dive into something major.

I have also installed the Smog Pump bypass kit from Jeff. I'm guessing if I bring it to my local Toyota dealer they aren't going to like seeing this. I have a local mechanic that I've used before who probably isn't going to have an problem with a bypass like this, however last time I talked with him he was so backed up he wasn't even accepting new vehicles for repair. If any of you have installed this bypass and then taken the vehicle to a mechanic, how did you handle it and did they have a problem working on the vehicle?

Thanks!
JoshuaHufford is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote