Site Navigation

Thread: A/C issue
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 11:45 AM

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about

eleven14 has a spectacular aura about eleven14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by daprotege5 View Post
haven't messed with it yet, have just been doing research....

my symptoms right now, drivers side not so cool air, passenger alot cooler, i had attempted to recharge at a friends house so last time i filled it up, the high side was reading up in the 200's and than the ac would purge something out around the compressor (almost like a NOS spray) and would drop to 175.

a/c ran fine for a little bit and than started doing the same thing again recently on a 4 wheeling trip, i was towing a trailer and both vents were pushing out hot air, which i'm assuming is from the added stress of hauling a trailer but it sucked being in florida with no a/c. that was like two weeks ago, took it for a spin today and a/c is back to the hot on one side and cool on the other.

i'm assuming from moving the a/c compressor and its lines around, as well as stepping on the lines while i was changing the motor out a couple months ago might have caused a slight leak.

i'm wanting to change the a/c orings anyway since its a pretty easy step, but my question is can i avoid discharging the current freon in there???

if i did discharge the system, do you add oil to the compressor????

i can borrow most of the tools needed, and will probably rent out the vaccum pump.
Is there dye in the system currently? Your symptoms (aside from the compressor discharge you describe) are similar to a leaking evaporator core but, as suggested, dye would pinpoint the issue.

That said, you'll need to discharge the system to swap o-rings, the preferred way is to capture/reclaim the refrigerant but you may not have access to the correct equipment. Swap o-rings and recharge again (add dye if you go this route). You'll also need a new drier/dessicant since the system will have been opened.

Hope that helps
eleven14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote