View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 10:49 AM

Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice

Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice Romeo1 is just really nice
Depending on your skill and your access to a good machine shop (which honestly is the biggest challenge) I’d say compression test it hot and cold. You can also test the head gasket to see if it’s leaking. Not the best test, because many times it’s temperature related, but sometimes you can isolate your final diagnosis that way.

Some of these tests require tools which guys may not have, Or the knowledge to use. But if you’re willing to learn it’s certainly possible. You have access to some great resources, manuals, and even people on this site. Mtbtim’s videos are an incredible resource also.

I would vote to go through my engine and rebuild it versus buying an unknown used engine to me. That direction is obviously not for everyone and it takes a little bit of time.

You may find that it’s simply just a head gasket, and the rest of the engine is just fine. Replace the head gasket as needed would be my suggestion if that is what’s wrong.

I’m a huge fan of having multiple vehicles around for this reason alone. When a vehicle goes down, it’s not a big deal if you have a back up.
99’ Black “Highlander” sport, oak, 5VZ auto, 4.30 axle, e-lock, 265/75 Grabber X3,, Bilstein 6112 (2”) front 5160 rear shocks, OME 2906 springs, Durobumps, 4x Inovations front middle rear skid plates, 4XI square TRD tube sliders, lil skips tank skid, lotus dev RCA skids, overland custom sway bar links, Amp’d hidden winch, warn Vr Evo 10s
Romeo1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote