Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2022, 10:14 AM

matoolie has a spectacular aura about matoolie has a spectacular aura about

matoolie has a spectacular aura about matoolie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYota View Post
so got the passenger in.

80mph, highway, all windows down and sunroof open. Max volume. Can hear it well, but yeah seems a little less volume and filling than before. Sadly can still hear myself singing now. And still wishing for a bit more, but that was true for the stocks too.

If nobody had told me, I would think they were stocks for just a serviceable upgraded stock system. I actually really liked the stock JBL system. Was probably the best one out of my 2010 Equinox, 2004 Audi A6, and 2001 Passat. My 99 528i had the standard stock system which was great on the highs but 0 bass. Had added an infinity self amped sub to it. it was still mediocre.

For grins I tested the stock JBL passenger speaker which was still good. On the mid terminals it measures 1.9/2.0 ohm. On the tweeter terminals (top) it measures 6.1 ohm. Ummm...wtf.

just ordered the red wolf harnesses and the infinity 3032cf. Will be here tuesday. I just had to know since they are .3 ohm less and 2db of sensitivity higher. will report back next weekend or whenever I get to put them in.
Thanks for all the feedback and follow-ups. The GX328's are on my list as possible upgrade, but seems they are similar to stock with some subtle differences as you pointed out. I tend to agree your comments based on your video.

The 3032cf are also on my list so I am looking forward to your results.

For what it is worth, I changed out my headunit on my '14 Limited to a Kenwood unit to get Carplay and most aftermarket radios have multiband EQ's that allow much better adjustments than just treble, mid, bass on OEM headunit. As a result, I was able to get the system to sound the way I wanted with the OEM JBL speakers. But swapping out the headunit on my '21 is not an option so why I've been looking at possible speaker upgrades and your posts have been helpful. Thanks again!
matoolie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote