Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 01:49 PM
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
official vendor

MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all MStudt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4R77 View Post
I think we are all saying similar things.

It looks like @phattyduck and I are in agreement, here is the last thing from him "
That said, I looked into it a bit more, and it looks like the 1st gen Tacoma may have always had the same tab on the arm and changed the swaybar and link instead of the arm, swaybar and link. It is odd the differences between the Tacoma and 4Runner despite the similarities."

So the 95-00 Tacoma and 01-04 Tacoma have the same control arm but different sway bars and end links. We should all be in agreement there now. We are also all in agreement that the sway bar end links and sway bar did change in 01. I am not saying anything different.

Now back to the 95-00 Tacoma vs 2000 4runner. Yes, they both mount with bushings on one side and a ball joint on the other. The 4runner does not have a tab on top of the control arm for the sway bar so it is mounted to the back side of the control arm, thus requiring a longer link than the Tacoma.

This is why I am wondering if I can put a Tacoma control arm on the 4runner. That way I could actually mount either Tacoma sway bar and link setup (1 ball or 2 ball) on my 4runner because the link would be bolted to the top tab on the Tacoma control arm and not on the back side like the 4runner control arm.

So let me reiterate. Rather than welding on the Sonoran steel tab so that I can use a Tacoma sway bar on my 4runner. Will the Tacoma control arm fit on the 4runner thus eliminating the need to weld on a tab myself, because the tab is already on there from the factory.
Yes, the LCA's are interchangeable between the two. Then you just need the sway bar and links.

Mike