Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 05:51 PM

XRay21 is on a distinguished road

XRay21 is on a distinguished road
First Post: New 5th Gen Owner

Hi everyone. I'm XRay21. Long time Jeep and Xterra owner (30+ years). Yes, I am old! Nissan bailed on the Xterra; so the wife and I decided to try a 4Runner. We've always wanted one, but never could justify the price (compared to the X). Purchased a 4x4 SR5 last year and it is still stock. I'm not a guy for mods; I usually just do AT tires after I wear out the stock tires. My "wheeling" is baby stuff: dirt roads, gravel roads, unimproved forest service roads, etc. Most of the time I only put it in 4Lo just so I can creep along without riding the brake (don't really need the traction).

The 4Runner (even plain SR5) is a big step up from my 2nd Gen Xterra. Fit and finish are a lot better. Suspension is really, really smooth (how did they get a solid rear axle truck to ride so good?); much smoother than the old Xterra. No rattles (course the X was 11 years old).

Not looking forward to wrestling with the 2 piece oil filter housing on my first oil change. But it's under warranty, so I've got 4 more years before I'll be changing it myself.

Just wanted to introduce myself and get my post count up.

Later
XRay
XRay21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote