Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 02:13 PM

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute

aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute aemravan has a reputation beyond repute
aemravan's build thread - project TacoRunner

back to the regular scheduled programming of 4runner content..

Finally made some time to run and grab some slide/tilt drawer supplies for the fridge. Looked at a few designs from some DIY videos and put together my own take from a few different ones I liked.

The platform is a 3/4" plywood sheet (holy hell did the prices go up on these! 2x4' sheet was $34 damn !!) that is screwed in between the 2 locking 30" slides I got from ebay.

I went with slides slightly longer than the fridge itself so it would give me some roof for straps and a little handle. The idea is to then weld 2 1' square tubes right to the bottom of the slides. The front tube will then get 2 gate hinges welded to it and ultimately bolted down to the top of the rear drawer system. The rear square tube will have a limit strap attached to it so that the fridge has something stopping it from fully pitching forward.

The fridge itself will be held down by a strap that loops under the 3/4" plywood and goes from handle to handle. Should be plenty strong enough to hold it in place, but I may also add a small lip to the front of the plywood to help distribute the weight when the assembly is tilted downward.

I also elected to get a 3/4" tube to weld between the 2 leading edges of the slide to give it a bit more reinforcement as well as provide a pull handle when the sliding latches are unlocked.

Taking this setup to weld up really quick this evening so we'll see how it comes out.. so far I'm in about $74 bucks and 30 minutes of work.