Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 07:18 PM

4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of

4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of 4RunnerAquasport has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemravan View Post
Took some time during lunch to brake down the rear axles. Only took an hour to pull, but I know it will take at least 3 times longer to put together with those damn rear drum brakes lol.

What I found was very significant play when holding the Axle and wiggling the backing plate, I am assuming there should be 0 play with a good bearing. One side was worse than the other but both were pretty bad.

I imagine this is the cause of the noises I’m hearing. Going to take it over to my dads press tomorrow and see if I can get this swapped out. I’m a dummy though.. I didn’t realize at all that I needed new wheel studs for the new axles… could have ordered a decent replacement online but now I’ll be picking up a Dorman replacement set from Napa in the morning. Would have been nice to go with something like an arp stud that was extended but I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the knurl diameter of the axle hub before you buy the studs. It may not match up with a dorman replacement stud. Had it happen w my front dorman hubs a couple years ago. PIA

1988 DLX 22RE AUTO BLACK-"Granny" - SOLD
2003 SR5 SPORT V8- Build- "Pearl" You Tube 2UZ 120
2012 LIMITED V6 "LE Mae" 5TH GEN BUILD THREAD
4RunnerAquasport is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote