Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-14-2022, 08:46 PM

jakobe is on a distinguished road

jakobe is on a distinguished road
Morimoto Headlight & 4 Banger Fog Light Install **ISSUES**

Hey gang,

Hoping I could get a little help!

I have a 2022 TRD Offroad premium and over the weekend I attempted to install Morimoto XB LED headlights and Morimoto 4Banger Fog lights. A lot of issues came up that I wanted to post on here to share and hopefully get some help.

So here's what I did:
-Fog lights disconnected
-Took off front bumper
-Removed factory headlights
-Began install of Morimoto headlights ... was cruising along and here's where it got interesting...
3 of the 4 cable harnesses all matched and clicked in. The 4th one, which appears to be the high beam cable harness, did not match and fit. I didn't run the Morimoto DRL cable into the fuse box at this time. Was confused why it didn't fit so I turned car on and turned lights on to see what worked/didn't work. Obviously no DRL (no DRL cable ran into fuse box), no high/low beam, only the fog tail lights. Turned car off.

At this point I decided to just reinstall my factory headlights and move onto the install on fog lights.

-Reinstalled factory headlights
-Removed factory fog lights from bumper
-Installed Morimoto 4 Banger fog lights with fog light housing onto front bumper
-Reinstalled bumper half way and tested everything

Turned car on and Fog lights don't work and DRL's dont work on factory headlights. High/low beams all work ok. My mind starts thinking I may have blown a fuse since I never hooked up the Morimoto DRL cables to fuse box. I wrap up the day and complete the reinstall of front bumper and decided to trouble shoot what the issues are.

At this point I'm pretty lost as to what's going on here. Did some research online and it looks like there's issues with the Morimoto XB headlights and newer 4runner models. I think I need a housing adapter for the high beam cable harness. But I'm confused whats up with the no DRL's on factory head lights and my new 4 banger Fog lights aren't working either. I double checked all connections on the new fog lights and everything looks correct.

Help! If anyone has any ideas what I should do I'm all ears. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance.

Last edited by jakobe; 08-14-2022 at 09:01 PM.
jakobe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote