View Single Post
Old 08-17-2022, 07:03 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gookies View Post
I might've been one of those threads, I looked into DIY'in awhile ago. They were going to charge around $1000 and they showed me the precarious looking gas tank strap bolt, I'd also be wary of removing it and then causing a more problematic issue. Seems like my best option for now is to replace what I see is leaking and figure it out later down the road, maybe by then, the car itself won't be worth fixing due to other issues.
I would replace all of the lines, if you don't you're risking having a bad accident if one of the others starts leaking badly, since you already have one line leaking it won't be long before another or two do the same and it could rupture so badly that you lose all braking while driving, it's not worth the risk, IMHO.

As Mike mentioned above just fish the new brake line past the gas tank without removing it for that section.