Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 02:56 PM

CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold

CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold CutthroatSlam is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
For me, vibrations only at a certain speed indicates it’s a problem with the tire. There is a chance that that you could have gotten a bad new tire. It’s rare but sometime the tire can developed a heavy spot in the molding process that even balancing can’t fix and only a new tire will fix that.

But if you don’t think it’s the tire then I would recommend taking it to your local 4x4 off road shop if there is one in your area. They deal frequently with tires and suspension and may be more familiar with this problem. Otherwise I would take it to your mechanic or local Toyota dealer.

Anyway, I came across this list that may help you trouble shoot this problem.
Toyota 4Runner steering wheel vibration causes and diagnosis
Article is good stuff. Like I’ve said dealt with this issue repeatedly over the 305K miles we’ve put on the car. Eventually you will have worn tie rods and when that happens, you could see death wobble when braking from 60+ mph down to 40 mph.

Bottom line rack and pinion steering systems have their merits on lighter cars, but they are not as robust as steering box systems. They are also more sensitive, which explains the wheel pulse issues these trucks are seeing.
CutthroatSlam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote