Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 05:37 PM

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future

AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future AuSeeker has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwh963 View Post
i have been experiencing power hesitation for several months now, at 230k. i've driven the 4runner as owner for about 4 years. i tend to keep the tank at about 1/2 full, running it to 1/4-warning light, then back to 1/2. i see the wear zones on your old pump. mine probably has the same in the 1/2-0 zone, and that is why the pump is working normally at a full tank vs a low tank.

if i keep it in the 3/4-full zone i will probably be good for a while until replacement. great and timely write-up!
That wear you're seeing on his old sending unit would only affect the gas gauge accuracy, it shouldn't have any affect on how the engine runs, only the pump itself and or the filter would affect how the engine runs!