Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 03:16 PM

Moist is on a distinguished road

Moist is on a distinguished road
Re-Aligning body panels?

I knew that this 4runner in particular had been in an accident or two. The two that did the most damage being:

(1): The front passenger side wheel was torn off and sent into the fender while the front dragged on the ground. Resulted in broken knuckle, LCA, tie rod, and bent the steering, damaged the skid plate, broke the wiper fluid revivor, misaligned the passenger side fender and door, and damaged a rim.

(2): It drifted into a ditch at highway speed. Had to be pulled out. resulted in severely damaged rear tow hitch, damaged side plastic door trim, fuel cap, and a slightly bent rear frame. (barely noticeable and is only where the tow hitch attaches.)

I had known about the misaligned fender and unusable tow hitch for a while. It was only when I noticed bare metal showing on the fuel filler cap and the edge next to it where the two had been scraping against each other that I decided to take a look. I figured it's been sitting waiting for maintenance so I'll do some myself.

I've taken note of everywhere the body panels no longer align and various rust spots I need to fix. The front left fender, front passenger side door, front, rear left passenger door, fuel filler cap, and front bumper no longer align properly. It's a very minor thing but I'm wondering Is there anyway to move them back?
The frame is in good shape and not bent or severely damaged. (aside from the tow hitch i'm not even going to bother)
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by Moist; 08-31-2022 at 03:17 PM. Reason: easier to read
Moist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote