View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 12:26 AM

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about

P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about P_nlsn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 084runner480 View Post
Surely there's a write up for replacing the rear main seal right?

Have searched, can't find it.
I replaced my rear main seal whenever I swapped my engine. There's not a ton to write up, but I attached the 1GR-FE FSM page, as well as a picture of it, below. And feel free to pm or reply with any questions. You either have to drop the trans or pull the engine to access it. You take the flywheel off, pull the old seal, press the new one in, and put it all back.

You have to make sure you seat it pretty close to perfect because it would really suck to go through the trouble of replacing it, just to have leak again. I would honestly only recommend tackling the job if it is leaking really bad or you are already pulling the engine for other reasons because it's hard to get to.

Here is a picture of my old engine's leaky seal (with multiple years of dirt, mud, and grease build-up)

Attached Images
File Type: pdf x040001.pdf (77.4 KB, 49 views)

+================================================= ==============+
4wd V6 '03 Sport w/ 340k miles (175k engine swapped @ 326k) // 3" Suspension Lift + 3" Body Lift on 35" K02's

@toto.runner // Build Thread // Engine Swap Write-Up
P_nlsn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote