Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 01:22 AM
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Elite Member

gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future gamefreakgc has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessblockades View Post
Sucks, man. As a fellow sufferer of impending AT failure (straining whine/groan in all moving gears), I feel your pain. I don't know enough about it to tell the difference between AT and torque converter racket, but I suspect that as our 3rd gen herd gets to 250-350k miles, we're going to be hitting the salvage yards harder for replacement units. Are we going to let these die? Hell no. My search has begun....good luck brother.

Edit - you're close to ToyAuto Mart | Rancho Cordova, CA
Yes, I live near 4Runner parts capital of the world. I'm watching the classifieds for Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market to see if a really clean low mileage unit shows up. If not, then I will go Toyota reman'd.

@mtbtim that's a very kind offer of you. I will let you know as things draw closer. I don't trust to drive it much but with 1 car with a family of 5 it's going to need to get back on the road sooner rather than later. You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the 4WD AT would you? I seem to just be finding the 2WD version. Will be calling around tomorrow as well.

The rough part is that this is the second time the transmission has failed. The previous owner replaced the transmission with a used unit prior to 190K miles (and subsequently burnt the fluid before selling it to me). It's been supercharged it's whole life and think that's part of the blame. These things make so much heat.

AEM F/IC 6, 11 PSI, 3" Intake and 3" Exhaust
Jerod's Supercharged T[u]RD Build
gamefreakgc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote