View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 12:38 PM

NeilYoung is on a distinguished road

NeilYoung is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblah View Post
just to add to his review:

Universal wiring is typically shiet, unless it’s vehicle and application specific. I’ve spent a lot of money on wiring harnesses only to cut them up to the point where I should have made my own harness to begin with.

You won't get great cutoff because its sitting behind the mesh grill, and its designed to be mainly as a spot light. So OP can probably aim it higher to get rid of that giant hot spot.

You also can get the hood latch / radiator support back on. I don't remember if i used the top hole or bottom hole on the mounting bracket to do so. I was still able to aim the lightbar also. So it is very possible.

Just fyi.
Thanks ! I did a quick dark garage test and while the bottom bracket hole allows you to reinstall the centre/latch support, the lightbar is no longer vertically centred in the top grill and the bottom of the hotspot gets cut off. Ideally, a good set of fogs should fill the gap but my crappy, overly inflated lumen, fogs bulbs are just not up to the challenge. I ended up back at the top hole for my use case but it's good to have options.
NeilYoung is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote