View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 07:18 PM

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough

Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough Too Stroked is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Pics as requested.
Cutoff not great but I didn't think that you could achieve a sharp cutoff with lightbars, certainly not ones at this price point. I may be wrong, but Rigid and Baja Designs lightbars that cost 5 to 8 times this one, don't mention cutoff. My budget precluded that kind of expenditure. IMO, if you're worried about blinding oncoming traffic, chances are that the conditions don't warrant the use of a lightbar.
I think you will find that to truly cut through inclement weather, you need more than the correct color temperature. (And to be 100% correct, you want selective yellow, not amber.)

To cut through inclement weather though, you also need a very focused beam pattern such as fog or spot - not flood. In fact, a flood pattern is the absolute worst pattern to have because it scatters light everywhere - as your picture shows. That said, most light bars are flood, driving and sometimes spot patterns - usually a combination of them.

If you really want something to cut through snow and rain, try a pair of Diode Dynamics SS3's in place of those cheap fogs. I would recommend the Sport or Max model in a fog pattern in selective yellow. The Sports are a tremendous bang for the buck and the Max's are flat out awesome. Aim them carefully though.
Too Stroked is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote