View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 02:07 PM

McLoven1t562 is on a distinguished road

McLoven1t562 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_76 View Post
They need a good cleaning. They also make good grease that keep them from oxidizing. I agree they don't look bad enough to not conduct properly Though.

Why are you loosing power? Are the wires under the terminal caps shiny clean?

Any issues starting clicking?

Everything needs to be super clean and shiny for good conduction.. When I see terminals looking like that I kinda cringe...:/

Maybe those were on it before you got the rig but you can see how the copper is turning brown from being exposed to the oxygen. The wire should look like a new copper penny...

Do those terminals get warm when the vehicle is running? As that is another way to tell too much resistance is building up.
Went ahead and scheduled a rental car for the next couple days so I can actually go and buy some products plus goto my unit and pick up tools (and get to work in the morning)

The connections to the terminals are very clean, but agreed that the terminals themselves could use a good scrubbing and greasing. I've only had the rig for a little over a year now and the battery itself is from March 2022 straight from Interstates wholesale factory, so it was on the shelf for a couple weeks before given to me.

I have no idea why the power is just gone, it's not that I'm losing it in a performance sense or anything. It simply starts when it wants to, and then times like this, not a damn thing has any power to it, no dome lights, gauges, door chime sound, lights, nothing.

When it does start, not a single issue. It turns immediately over once I turn the key, never heard any problematic sounds or had it hesitate. and yea I guarantee the positive & negative wiring is 100% OEM from 1996 so I can definitely try to brush off the exposed wiring best I can as I'm not sure if I have the length to cut and strip some of the wiring

No clue about them heating up as I've never tried to check that portion. Honestly it began as a "1 bad day" type issue and then the past week it started/ran perfectly so I figured it was no big deal.
McLoven1t562 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote