View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 01:51 PM

Napalm will become famous soon enough Napalm will become famous soon enough

Napalm will become famous soon enough Napalm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cognus View Post
so, fellow T4R'rs; I like to think "not all those dealer stories you hear are valid".. however, speaking of Pink SLLC this is true - Yesterday I went on the web [having heard coolant, ATF, etc in short supply], needing coolant for the wife's lexus and my T4R's. So located some "asian" from the box stores, and wanted to once again try to give local dealer a shot - so looked them up, got a price of 21.99/Gal, and had in stock. I thought - its only 5 bucks more so I'll buy from them JUST this time [management changed a couple of years ago, previous had AWFUL reputation well-deserved].
So with all that website work firmly in my head went in to parts dept, asked for 3 gallons, the parts guy brought them out, rang up the bill, $120...
I liked him, very good guy, so I suggested that the website has diff price - without looking he said "oh no, everything's gone up" and as we had by then completed the paperwork I just thought I would take the time/trouble to see where this goes. so paid, grabbed the gallons, went out to my 4runner, got on the cellphone, looked up the dealer website BY NAME, Parts, plugged in the part num, pull up the page, ticked "pickup" instead of Shipping [ship was 9.99 PER GALLON], and rang a total - 21.99x3 plus tax. Went back inside, showed the prices and the parts Manager happen to be standing there... so gave ME a lecture on how they don't sell at that price UNLESS one places the order online and pays online, then waits 2 days, then drives to the dealer and picks up!!!
I said 'you're kidding, right? I do the work...', he bowed his mental back and so I handed the CC to him, the product, said 'refund pls"... took them twice as long to produce the refund plus documentation - 4 pages, a signature, and I left. Wasted about 40 minutes of my time.
I took pictures etc and will give the Dealer a really Glowing [red] review online...
[footnote: the math is 68%.... they wanted +68% per gallon for my having had the grace to drive there and pick the stuff up same day.]

Wow! That’s ridiculous! I had no idea the supply was short. I’ve bought 7 gallons in the past two weeks and paid $27 per gallon. My dealer has plenty, both times I was there he said we’ve got at least 70 gallons in the back.

Might pick up an extra one next time I’m around the dealer! I’ve got a leftover one from my radiator swap/flush but it’s only about halfway full!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk