View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 06:29 PM

Napalm will become famous soon enough Napalm will become famous soon enough

Napalm will become famous soon enough Napalm will become famous soon enough
Okay I think we might have the problem fixed, I HOPE.

So I had a sneaking suspicion I installed the thermostat incorrectly and my theory was true. When I placed the new one, I failed to realize the thermostat is supposed to have a rubber gasket around the metal edge. When I pulled my old one out, the rubber gasket stayed in place and I didn’t even realize it. When I placed the new one, It didn’t sit flush in the housing because it was on top of that gasket, which I think was causing it not to seal/ sit in place which was causing my engine to run cooler while also throwing that code. Basically acting like it was open all the time due to not being sealed.

Today I brought it to work, opened up the thermostat housing and found it to just be sitting in there moving around and not in place. I pulled the old rubber gasket out, cleaned some dried silicone RTV gunk out that we used as a gasket/seal because we didn’t see the other rubber one and thought it needed one.

I then put a new rubber gasket on the Aisin thermostat(that i put in last week), placed it in and it fit like a champ, no more moving around. Buttoned everything back up, added some more coolant(I lost a bit when opening up) and started her up.

It quickly warmed up to normal operating temps which since the swap last week it’s been taking hours to get to normal operating temps. Checked the heat and it works. I cleared the codes to get rid of the light and hoping for no more check engine lights!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Napalm; 09-17-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Napalm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote