View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 01:59 PM

CoronelNico is on a distinguished road

CoronelNico is on a distinguished road
Sell car and switch to 98 as my daily?

Hi everyone! I posted enough to where I can FI ALLY ask this question.

My daily driver is a 2014 Toyota Avalon LXE that now has almost 90k miles. I bought it brand new and has only needed oil changes and new tires. It’s clean!

I inherited a 1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5with 111k miles. He bought it brand new and always kept in the garage. It was his pride and joy. It was in 2 car accidents with only one requiring cosmetic work. The air went out once but other than all of that it has only needed oil changes and new tires. Grandpa kept it pristine!

Now, here is my dilemma. My living situation and having two cars has become a bit of an issue as in both cars are kept outdoors and are in the way. I am able to afford gas, insurance for both so that’s not the problem. Just the storage aspect. I’ve been looking for a home so I can be on my way and store my cars properly BUT everything is so expensive right now. I can’t find a garaged home or condos with garages. Storage places that I can afford are for uncovered spots which defeats the purpose. The enclosed storages spaces are about $200 which is ridiculous. It doesn’t help that my significant other has 2 cars as well.

So it’s got me thinking, should I sell my Avalon and use the 4Runner as my daily driver? Do I keep both and just wait it out? I know 4Runners last forever but would I be testing my luck using a 20+ year old car as my daily? You all know all about these things so I am all ears and thank you in advance for the input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CoronelNico is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote