Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 12:19 AM

rodralig is on a distinguished road

rodralig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdruss View Post
Sounds like a seized caliper, not uncommon. Replace it, rotor and new pads on both sides. Inspect front and go from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in NC View Post
My back left caliper was dragging, cost me an early brake job and a ton of brake dust everywhere, and plenty of MPG I'd assume.
I saw the parts - dang! Both rear brake pads are like way RED... The rear right pad was toast - pistons damaged; while almost nothing remaining on the rear left. This is about 20K miles... I will try to observe it more and see the wear in 5K miles. Question is - something wrong with the 4Runner (calipers dragging, parking brake, etc.)? Or the wife's driving habits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutthroatSlam View Post
Advice: make a point of driving your wife’s car more often so that you can catch things like this before they become a big fail.
I used to do that until COVID, ie., at least that 10-miles run every month just so the 4x4 oil gets circulated (when not engaged, etc.)... When I replaced my own driver with a manual, which my wife couldn't drive, the 4Runner became exclusively hers... I am making a point to spent time driving the 4Runner on a weekly basis going forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
Did you put a "leveling" kit in without resetting zero point calibration? If so, that's likely part of the problem.
Stock.

_
rodralig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote