Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 09:42 PM

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drcoffee View Post
#6 looks fine. Id be concerned about #4. I havent seen a plug that bad in any toyota I have owned. Thats way too much carbon. I would seafoam the top end and add 1qt MMO to the oil on the next oil change to clean the piston rings. Change your pcv valve. It might be sucking in too much oil

Did you use a vacuum port to draw vapors from the radiator or the squeeze bulb? I was worried about mine when I bought. I ran a vacuum line from the intake to the device and bubbled it for 5 minutes. Still no change to the fluid color. If it didnt change color then you need to keep looking for the leak.

Re-gap the plugs
I was supposed to leave on my road trip today but wanted to check a few things before I headed out with the truck. The pcv was changed in 2020 or about 36k miles ago. I only have 3100 miles on the current oil and was planning on changing it before going as I will be putting about 2500 to 3000 miles on it during my road trip. I have never used seafoam or MMO. I guess I could try both.

With regard to the combustion tester, I removed the radiator cap and warmed up the truck. I kept the coolant below the neck by about 2" or so by siphoning it out while it was warming up. I put the tester on top of the radiator and used the squeeze bulb. It was an imprecise test as the test tool does not seal around the sides so I tried to keep it flush along the bottom edge.

It looks like I am still going to take the truck, albeit I am a bit nervous. I am willing to try a few more things tomorrow so I could leave Tuesday AM.
zguy1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote