Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 04:41 PM

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about

zguy1 has a spectacular aura about zguy1 has a spectacular aura about
Leak found and it's not good news...

Well, I was able to get another inspection camera with the ability to see from the side. I also rented a cooling system pressure tester. I pumped up the system to 13 psi. I could not see any leaks and the pressure held steady.

I went ahead and pulled the spark plug from cylinder #6 and started looking around at the gasket area in the cylinder with the camera. I saw an area that looked questionable and a bit wet. I proceeded to wait and after about 5 mins I saw a single droplet form from the head gasket area and roll down the cylinder wall. The drop appears every 5 or 10 mins but that is under 15 psi.

I know I have been driving like this for sometime but I can't knowingly take this truck on a road trip with a fully of gear with the risk of breaking down. Most shops can't fix it and dealers will charge a fortune. I also don't know what else is wrong. Could the head be warped? It never overheated while I owned it but that is too much to risk on the road.

2008 V6 4Runner with 295,221 miles.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by zguy1; 09-26-2022 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typo
zguy1 is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote