Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 12:50 PM

maxp0wer will become famous soon enough

maxp0wer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thToy View Post
Honda250xtitan's point is a lift does not solve clearance issues for larger tires on vehicles with independent front suspension.
FWIW, it looks like I can eliminate all rubbing with removing the mud flaps, a very slight trim on underside of front bumper cover, and pushing the fender liner back a bit. I have nearly 1" between tires at full lock and body mount, so no BMC would be necessary. I noted these tires are 32.76" and TRD wheels are +4 offset. So the positive offset and the fact these are on the small side for "33s" is probably helping.

But also yeah I'm going to let shop know and see what they have to say about the situation.

Edit: also wanted to add that I had them do an alignment since I was recently in a minor accident (rear ended and had to replace bumper cover and hatch.) So in doing the alignment they may have adjusted the caster to make these fit better. Again it's a head scratcher as to why the tire size wasn't caught at that point. Unless the tech just had 285s stuck in his head and didn't check the paperwork again after he'd already started.

Last edited by maxp0wer; 10-02-2022 at 01:02 PM.
maxp0wer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote