Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 03:56 PM

Lamer will become famous soon enough Lamer will become famous soon enough

Lamer will become famous soon enough Lamer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhehan View Post
The reason I asked about cleaning the throttle body recently was it can cause issues like you're experiencing when debris fall into the IAC valve. This is a common problem when cleaning your TB. There are many threads about this issue. The high Idle you're experiencing now means you have debris in the IAC valve because you cleaned your TB. You're going to need to clean out the IAC valve to restore a normal idle speed.

The other symptoms you are experiencing related to the p0340 code are also symptomatic of IAC valve issues and throttle body issues. That's why we brought that subject up.

However, your main issue seems pretty specific to your Cam Position Sensor. The information you provided today I made that more apparent.

Having said that here is a thorough look at the p0340 code you are experiencing:

https://www.way.com/blog/p0340-error...shaft%20timing.
thanks for this, bookmarked.
the idle has actually come down to ~600 over a few days and seems to be holding. so far much more reliable. I plan on cleaning the entire intake from MAF to TB and IAC when I have time. (and replace fuel filter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBobandy View Post
That’s most likely your issue, get an oem sensor
if I need to I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_76 View Post
Also verify that wire harness to the cam sensor is good. Alot of times they deteriorate and need replaced as well...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
ya didnt get a good look at this. i'll check when I go back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartacus View Post
Check the resistance is in spec.
saw this on the toolmans videos, everything checks out.
Etsy Page - Custom Pinstriping and Sign Making
@8LinePinstripe: Instagram
Lamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote