Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 02:28 PM

Engineer has a spectacular aura about Engineer has a spectacular aura about

Engineer has a spectacular aura about Engineer has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
haha just ignore him - thanks for the photos I am in all likely hood going to go this direction - tried spray can rust oleum (with prep) on my budbuilts and that lasted for shit after a winter, then went powder coating and it has held up better but now needs to be redone - either getting them line-X'd (basically the cost of a new sliders.... or going Aluminum. My skids are aluminum and while bashed to hell they have done the job. The sliders have some scuffs but nothing that yours would not hold up to - they should be used for skidding across things not violently dropping a 3 ton truck (with the amount of crap most of us have) on.
Quoting myself because I did end up replacing by BudBuilts with Greenlane and got a chance to use them out in Utah recently, they held up just fine to the couple impact events that occurred, as expected. Also replace the RCI skids with a new set (both were/are Alu.) - like the new design from RCI vs the original , no complaints having to replace them after the abuse they sustained.
2014 Trail Edition Premium, 285/70/R17 BFG KM2, RadFlo 2.5" Coilovers and Rear Shocks, 50qt ARB Fridge, OTRATTW Switches, BudBuilt Bumpout Sliders, Gobi Rack + Ladder / 40" Rigid E2 /Rotopax and MaxTrax mounted, ARB CKMTA12, 270amp Alternator, Southern Style Slimline Hybrid Front Bumper w/ Warn Zeon 10S and Front Fogs, Metal Oil Canister, Sound Deadening Insulation w/ Focal Front Speakers,Black Weather Tech mats and custom pin striping & dents (the trees & bushes did it for free)
Engineer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote