Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 09:11 AM

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all
I went the exact same route 2 years ago. I had a 2016 Wrangler Unlimited. The TRD 4R has plenty of capability with the rear locker and the electrical stuff like CRAWL, MTS, and ATRAC, if you're into that.

Mine is a 2018 TRD Offroad Premium with KDSS and Moonroof. Long story short, my family and I are much happier in the 4Runner. It's much bigger inside and drives 1000% better on road. I did not specifically seek out KDSS, but I'm really happy I have it. Personally, I think even with stock suspension it drove fantastic on the road. Some body roll, but was really controlled compared to what everyone else says about the non-KDSS 4Rs feeling like a boat around corners. I put on Fox 2.0 suspension front and rear and it is now really well planted at 2" of front lift and 33s. I put in the KDSS on/off switch from Dr KDSS and I feel I have the best of both worlds now. For the small amount I've spent on "off-road" modifications, I'm confident I can go wherever I would need to go. I have not driven a non-KDSS 4R for comparison, however.

I love having a moonroof, so that's an easy one for me. Every other car feels dark without it.

The sliding tray is a toss up. It does cut into cargo space, but it does have it's place. My brother has one in his Pro and he likes it a lot for getting heavy things out like coolers or grabbing hunting gear. I personally did not care to have it as I have two little kids and cargo space is at a premium for all of their sh*t.

Otherwise, the 4Runner really doesn't offer many more must have or distinguishing options. you're getting the Premium, so it's loaded already inside. Don't jump at any side steps or anything. They aren't very strong.