Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 11:08 AM

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all

Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all Pedro367 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgetful View Post
Don't get kdss unless you need to track the car or it's going to be a pavement car. It's extra cost, hash on washboards (need that disconnect thingy) and if it breaks/leaks good luck. There's a kdss cult here, my non kdss drives great and with the money saved my king 2.5 lift was basically free. Fwiw Im prone to car sickness and have no issues with my wife driving 4+ hours.

How tall are you? Moon roof really limits head room for front and back seats.
These are valid points for KDSS. It's not necessary and pricey, especially if you are going to modify suspension which it sounds like you are. The $1700 entry fee to KDSS can be spent on a nice set of coilovers and rear shocks. Most aftermarket coilovers/shocks are going to eliminate most of the nosedive and help with the rolling in corners. I am on road mostly and tow a trailer, so that's probably the biggest reason why I enjoy and prefer having it. He is right in that it can be harsh on washboards being such a big swaybar, but the KDSS switch helped with that. It's kind of cool having a disconnecting swaybar and really can give you the best of both worlds. I could be wrong, but from what I see it is a very reliable system and rarely has issues (knock on wood), but it is costly to fix if you decide to. If mine broke, I'd probably just find a way to rip it out.