Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 05:21 PM

hgill will become famous soon enough

hgill will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonCountry View Post
Nice! Exactly which wheels did you end up with? It doesn't look like any of your initial choices from those angles.

I too have been going down the wheel rabbit hole myself and am torn on how much offset I really want. Or better put, how much offset I'm willing to clear for. Ive had my Lvl 8 Guardians w/ 33s since 2011 and really just want a change.

Like you, I dont like the idea of chopping off a ton of hard body plastic on the backside of the front wells. Im also hesitant to do the full BM relocate due to (little or not) the intent of that mount and its angled position (wife drives it some too and "what if?"). I plan to do a minimal BM as needed for 33s on more offset but time will tell what I end up with.

As for stance, I'm thinking all (-25mm or -38mm) or nothing (keep my current 17x8.5 -6mm). I figure it had better be a big enough change in looks to warrant the $1k+ price since I could paint my current wheels whatever color anyway.

I've looked at the Summit Dakar (17x9 -25mm), Ray10 or Blaze10 (17x9 -38mm), Black Rhino Guides and Falcon T8 (same -38mm) or lots of other 17x9s that are around -12mm to -15mm. So any options. The search continues...
Thanks. The wheels are actually the black ones from my original options i had posted with a optional Rash Ring added on (it alters the look a bit).

Yeah I was on the fence about offset and sizes as well. Initially thought of doing -38 offset, but that was going to require a lot of trimming and the poke was just going to be a bit much for me.

The other thing to consider is that I also increased the wheel width from my 8.5" to 9". That 0.5" difference plus the -12 offset equaled to a almost flush look with a tiny bit of poke. Depending on which wheel size you go with, you can play around with the offsets.

Another think to consider is which tires to go with. We had my set of 4 BFGoodrich 285/70/17 stacked next to a set of 4 Wildpeaks of the same size. The Wildpeaks were slightly wider even thought they are actually the same size tire.

All in all I am very happy with the look. I wish I had done it earlier.
hgill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote