View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 11:16 AM

FJ60GatewayDrug is on a distinguished road

FJ60GatewayDrug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhehan View Post
You write good. That was enjoyable to read for both the prose and the content. Fun stuff!
Thank you! That's my goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19963.4lsr5 View Post
I think you have a vacuum leak.
What makes you say that? I drove for years without a CEL or noticing any other symptoms of a vacuum leak. Aside from external stuff (bumpers, skid plates, etc.) I haven't touched anything engine-related for awhile. When I did my last major tune-up I also didn't notice any leaks. (I want to swap all the vac lines out for fancy silicone ones, but... effort.)

Any reason why? What's the advantage in the different types they offer (HD vs Daily vs Endurance)? I haven't really started the research into replacing the clutch yet. So long as I'm not in too high of a gear and don't floor it, the clutch doesn't slip. But it is definitely on its way out. I can literally taste it. Burning clutch... what a unique scent.

Speaking of scent. I've noticed with the back window down, the exhaust gas that gets sucked back into the vehicle isn't nearly as awful smelling when burning E85 as opposed to regular gasoline. Not that I make a regular habit of sniffing the exhaust, whenever the back window is down the front windows are too.
FJ60GatewayDrug is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote