View Single Post
Old 10-31-2022, 09:50 PM

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough

chapolito will become famous soon enough chapolito will become famous soon enough
Was on the road for a month hunting waves in Peru and checking out the Inca sights. Slow progress on the 4Runner, but good memories.

Got the projectors installed in the junkyard headlights, output is sooo much better.

Went with the Acme super H1 projectors—install was really straightforward. The project took a long time, but went without issue. Nice and relaxing...if only all projects could be like this!

Upgraded the windshield sprayer nozzles to Honda ones:

I'm 36 and I've only ever owned 3 cars in my life—86 4Runner, chopped 72 VW Squareback, and this 97 4Runner. The 4Runners were hand-me-downs from my parents. The VW was my first project car out of college...a horribly impractical choice considering I didn't have a garage. I also wasn't prepared for the ongoing cost of the hobby. Owned it for a couple years and then sold it even though I did enjoy working on it. I share this because I ran into this old photo of the VW with the 4Runner in the background:

And lastly, I picked up a DC TIG welder + tank and cart!

I have no welding experience, but I'm excited to learn. Next project is to properly fix the roof rust, and then start fabricating.
chapolito is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote