Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 05:03 PM

Jcmeadows82 will become famous soon enough

Jcmeadows82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cice View Post
This video also looks pretty helpful How to Replace the Secondary Air Injection Pump and Check Valves on a 2002-2009 Lexus GX470 - YouTube (not near as nice as your writeup though!) Do you think it is possible to get the starter out and a new one in without removing the coolant crossover piece? Thanks for posting this!
Just watched this entire video. It looks very close to what I describe above. The main difference is that he removes the check valves from the coolant pipe (roughly 9:10 - 10:00 shows what he did) and there was no way I was going to be able to do that. He does mention that if you can't get the check valves out the way he shows, that you would need to remove the cross pipe and replace the gaskets, which is what I did. Definitely worth a shot if you think you can get them out that way. I will add the link to the top of the guide. More info is always better! Thank you for this.
Jcmeadows82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote