Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Family affair
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 01:34 PM

Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough

Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
I have owned four 4Runners and 2 FJs over the years. My son is carrying on the tradition by recently purchasing this new TRD Pro. He has already had 3 mods completed: 285/70 K02s, Bilstein UCAs and 8112s at all 4 corners and a Safari Armax snorkel. He is waiting until he has a thousand miles on the suspension before having it readjusted. It’s a little tall in the front but was set per Bilstein’s recommendation. He is loving his 4Runner….just like ol’ Dad did.
Congrats to your son.

I’ve had this problem with Bilstein in recommending the wrong coils after adding a custom bumper. Mine front end sat to high too. I had a 700 lb coil and dropped it to 650 lbs. Thats solved the problem.

From what I can see, the front end looks normal. I don’t see any added weight.

First check where the bottom coils supports are on the shock. Bilsteins are adjustable. If they are all the way up you might get away with just lowering them. If they are already near the bottom then you need to replace the spring. I would recommend you put the original coils back in. If you want a Bilstein, then go down another 50 lbs. I think 600 lb is what the stock coils are rated at. If he rather have it lifted then bump the rear up by 50lbs

Last edited by Lexington; 11-05-2022 at 01:43 PM.
Lexington is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote