Home Menu

Site Navigation

Thread: Family affair
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 04:02 PM

Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough

Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough Lexington is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
They are adjusted all the way up. He is going to have them lower them on the 17th if it doesn’t drop after the “settling in” period. The front is measuring 1 1/2” higher than the rear when measuring from the ground to the top of the wheel well. Btw, he has thought about a bumper and winch later on so I don’t think he wants to do a spring swap.
I think you should have enough room to level it out then. On mine I have the passenger side all the way to the bottom, on the driver side I have it up 4 slots to compensate with the weight imbalance on the 4Runner. You can probably get away with just going up 3 slots.

If your son upgrades to a bumper and winch that weighs less than a 100 lbs then I think you can get away with just raising the coils. My bumper weighs in about 140 lbs with winch and I had to get a 650 lb coil.

If your son is planning to add the bumper in the next few month I would leave it as is. After you add the new bumper then make your adjustment. But if it’s going to be much longer then I would adjust it as planned. I think it took about 2 or 3 months for my coils to break in.
Lexington is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote