Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 07:04 PM

gbaker is on a distinguished road

gbaker is on a distinguished road
UPDATE: P0037 After New Exhaust - UGH - Are these the right exhaust parts?

UPDATE - POST INSTALL P0037 - Oxygen Sensor Heather Control Circuit Low (Bank 1, Sensor 2) - See new reply for info - Please help!

Hi everyone, I own a 2008 4Runner, V8, and live in New York. I primarily use the vehicle to plow my driveway in the winter, drive to work on bad winter days, and for the occasional summer trip or home depot wood hauling project. I've known for awhile there are significant exhaust issues, but I haven't invested the money since it keeps passing inspection (no check engine light, passes emissions tests) and I don't really care about the noise due to how little I use the vehicle. However, it's definitely getting worse, so I decided to at minimum investigate repair costs.

My normal mechanic, who is great, quoted 2-3 thousands of dollars to do the repair. I figured I'd bring it to a reputable monro muffler in town since they more so specialize in exhaust work. They inspected the exhaust for free today and after I overheard him making calls about part availability with no luck, he told me what I needed, but he could only get 1 of the 3 parts. He said he'd try more on Monday, but he was doubtful he'd be able to actually get the parts. I asked if he uses suppliers like Rock Auto (I see this name a lot on the forums) and he said they're not allowed to, they have to use their core vendors only. He somewhat quietly said if I buy the parts, they will install them since he can't get the parts and then let me take a picture of the monitor and told me what I needed.

Late preface: I really don't know much about this....

Four primary questions:
1. Based on the two attachments - did I add the right parts to my Rock Auto cart? One attachment is what I need, the other is my cart.
2. Is Eastern a fine brand to buy? It was one of only two brands I saw on Rock Auto, or should I be shopping elsewhere?
3. Are these allowable in NY, I think they are? The site is confusing about this.
4. Any rough estimate on hours of labor, and is there anything else I should proactively order or prepare for?

I'll of course bring the finalized cart back to the Monro manager before ordering, but I wanted your advice first on whether this is even a brand to go with and if I'm on the right track. If I can fix this all for roughly $1,000, I may do it for the peace of mind.

Thanks all!
Attached Images
UPDATE: P0037 After New Exhaust - UGH - Are these the right exhaust parts?-marked-up-exhaust-needs-jpg 
Attached Images
File Type: pdf RockAuto exhaust parts.pdf (126.3 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by gbaker; 11-13-2022 at 07:08 PM.
gbaker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote