View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 10:15 PM

Okusputokus will become famous soon enough

Okusputokus will become famous soon enough
Just replaced my charcoal canister yesterday....

a couple of years of progressively getting worse to where I could barely "throttle" the gas pump and took forever to fill up! I finally replaced it yesterday. And thank you for this post as it helped me realize how easy it could possibly be to remedy, and bingo, it was a clogged charcoal filter. I was worried I'd have to drop the tank or something.

If you ever need to do this it's a pretty cheap part. See P/N in the original post. Also, it might not hurt to get the top piece as the tabs can easily break. All you need to do is remove the mudflap and plastic cover behind the driver's wheel(I didn't even need to remove the wheel), remove the bracket for the three lines, and also the bracket directly above the axle so you can move the filler tube back to remove the old filter and install the new one. No need to mess with the rubber liner inside the filler door, but you may want to remove the gas cap if it helps.

Pics....
Old vs New

Bracket(not in pic) removed from mounting bolt, also not pictured is another bracket closer to tank and above axle that made moving the tubes around a bit easier.

Pic of filler tube with filter assembly removed. Cleaned it up real nice up there! The dangling tube is the one that goes into the filter.

Super dirty around outside of the two filter halves

Breaking the old one apart... PACKED with a few years of trail dust!

I was SO EXCITED to go fill up, lol! And SOOOO relieved that THIS was the fix!!!