View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 02:25 PM

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold
interesting write up. lasfit does offer some good products for the price. here are a couple thoughts I'll share that I accumulated while installing my ditch lights (not lasfit but still applicable)

- I chose an aluminum bracket because like you rust is a concern for me. Canadians, greenlane offroad has these. they are pretty stout. is the mounting hardware stainless steel? it looks like mild steel black oxide. this would be an upgrade I think lasfit should make. stainless steel mounting hardware (excluding the bracket). stainless steel is becoming the standard especially when water and elements are in play
- does lasfit make any covers for lenses? I have white with amber cover from another brand. keep the cover on all the time, if I need white, just take off the cover. sure the cover reduces light output a bit, but it's not significant and worth the tradeoff for me anyway
- I hated de-pinning my wiring harness to feed it through the firewall. I simply just cut both ends of the harness at the white connector and connected the appropriate wires together permanently. made my life easier
- looks like lasfit also includes a relay (good job lasfit), dont run ditch lights without one with aftermarket switch. I see a lot of confusion about this but you NEED a relay, always. bolted my relay to where fuse box bolts to fender
- how low profile are the brackets?
- these harnesses often don't have a long enough red wire for a nice and tidy install, doesn't really matter on the brand, all seem that way. I extended mine a bit, should be 16ga wire

question to the OP. do you plan to run an aftermarket switch for the lights. if you do or did, it would be helpful for people to know what wires are coming off the toggle (2 or 3, what colours, etc.) does lasfit include a wiring diagram for aftermarket switches. the lights themselves do look pretty nice though

Last edited by Humble Leader; 11-17-2022 at 12:27 PM.
Humble Leader is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote