Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 12:35 PM

Treestand_Twerkers is on a distinguished road

Treestand_Twerkers is on a distinguished road
ABS light on, Stuck in Park

ABS Light is on, stuck in park. Can use white tab to override, not a fix.

So, here's what I know.

Brake lights work, not the 10amp fuse.

Tore apart console to access shift control switch and solenoid.

Pull apart the connector.

It's a 6-place connector, only 5 pins present. 2 bigger ones go to the solenoid.
When I use a battery and leads, and put 12V to those pins, the solenoid makes a clicking sound.
On the engine-side of that connector, with key turned, and brake pressed in, testing for voltage at those 2 corresponding female ports of the connector, not registering any voltage.

There are 3 smaller pins that go the the switch? that is behind the solenoid, that white Japanese fan looking thing. I test for continuity on the switch side of the connector and through the combinations to test, either got 0 Ohm or was able to register .6 Ohms.

The solenoid has the 2 wires that go tot he connector and the thing behind it, switch?, has 3 wires leaving it to the connector. From there, the "engine side" of the connector has all 5 wires that go to the white box that's right there.

Any ideas?

I saw a post of a guy with a pic of his situation but.. shouldn't I be getting 12 volts when key turned (even truck running), brake pressed in, at the engine side of the connector with the bigger pins that go to solenoid?

I tested resistance on those solenoid pins, on the solenoid side of the connector, and it registered 30 Ohms. Manual says 21-27 is spec....

I think that's all I know now..

Thanks
Treestand_Twerkers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote