Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-17-2022, 12:28 PM

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold

Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold Humble Leader is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSnow View Post
Just to follow up on your list. My bullets correspond to yours in order:
- I agree, an aluminum bracket would be preferable in the northeast (and Canada), unfortunately, they cost a pretty penny. I do like the design of the Greenlane brackets (only using one bolt) but I think most will find the Lasfit brackets sufficient, especially since it all comes nicely packaged as a kit.
I can't comment on the material of the fasteners but I expect they are just black coated steel. I will certainly follow up if I notice any corrosion on the hardware.
- I don't think Lasfit offers covers for their 3" pods but the lens is interchangeable to either yellow or amber. There are 4 Allen head screws holding the lens and I'm sure it's a fairly simple change (I might test this in he future if I determine a yellow/amber lens would be more beneficial for my use). Definitely not as simple as removing a cover but I don't see myself needing to change too often. I will certainly update this thread if I decide to swap the lens. Maybe Lasfit will also chime in if they have plans to develop covers.
- De-pinning the connector was definitely not fun. I used a paperclip (a sewing needle might be better) but my large hands were not conducive to the task. Cutting and splicing wires is definitely an option but it becomes a permanent connection and doesn't allow flexibility if you need to move/untangle wiring behind the dash (AMHIK).
-Agreed, a relay is necessary for any off road lighting. Unfortunately, the Lasfit harness doesn't have enough slack for the relay to reach the firewall (I assume its a generic harness they use for multiple applications as you noted in your last bullet).
- The hood brackets are definitely "low profile". I'd say they are on par with the other low profile brackets on the market (at least what I've seen photographed on this forum). I'll take some daytime photos for my next update.

I am still looking into different switch options but will certainly update this thread once I figure it out. The harness did not come with a wiring diagram but there are only 3 wires at the switch (red, black, yellow), shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. I assume the black is ground so figuring out which is power and which is trigger should be as simple as using a multimeter.
thanks for the reply. I made a typo. I meant to say I attached my relay to where the fuse box bolts to the fender, not firewall