Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 05:53 PM

scot850 is on a distinguished road

scot850 is on a distinguished road
03 Gen4 V8 Ltd - Evaporator replacement

I am really, really hating this car. Anything expensive that can go wrong is going wrong in spite of only have 110k miles on it.

Latest I believe is the A/C evaporator I think has let go. Get this horrible smell everything I use the car from the heating system.

When I thought replacing the evaporator on my late 1990 Volvos were bad this is way worse.

From those who have tackled this before, what parts should I replace other than the core and any 'O' ring seals it has. As it is a huge job I do not want to go in there again anytime soon, so is there any thing else that should be done while in there? I have read some other general posts about replacing some valve of some sort not sure what. There does not appear to be any good write ups on the subject or You Tubes.

Should the drier be replaced as well? I have done this on other vehicles as part of the repair.

A 2nd question is to do with the A/C itself. When the A/C was running it makes an annoying whistling noise. Is there a flap somewhere that needs adjustment or replacing?

Any help much appreciated.

Still waiting for my Doug Thorley shortie headers. Ordered mid-May 2022, now told maybe end Jan/early Fed 2023!!

Neil.
scot850 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote