Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 07:34 PM

cosmo4r is on a distinguished road

cosmo4r is on a distinguished road
*Continuation of passenger side

I then cut another piece to sit flush with the bottom of the frame, and ground it down once again.

Starting to look pretty good.

This was probably over kill, but I decided to weld another plate here for reinforcement.

Welded in and ground smooth. I had a few gaps in my welds so just filled them with JB weld - just wanted to make sure moisture wouldn't get it.

Remade the body mount gusset I had cut off.

Welded in.

Before I closed off my hole, I sprayed a couple coats of etching rust primer.

2nd last patch in place. Again this piece was 1/4" larger than my opening, and inside the frame. (I also painted the back of it before welding in place)

Welds ground down.

Last patch in place, forgot to take pictures before I ground it down.

Actually not the last piece. I welded in two more sections on the bottom of the frame (either side of cross member) to be safe. These overlapped where my original cut-outs were.

Finally all ground down.

Looks pretty much OEM except for the bottom where you can see the extra thickness. The patches ended up being essentially 1/4" and 3/8" thick on the bottom (2-3 layers of 1/8" flatbar). Pretty pleased with how it came out.
cosmo4r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote